Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

Im getting a new computer for graduation.

It has an NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT and with 512mb of video memory.

Is this good?

I only play:

Rome - Total War
Counter-Strike Source
Battlfield 2
Battlefield Special Forces
Blazing Angels
Command & Conquer - Tiberium Wars

And I might get Halo 2, C/C Generals, and WarCraft.

These do not surpass a 6500 geforce graphics card at minimum requirements.

I belive that most have around a 7000-8000 recommended. Is this good?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

Also, what are the use of processors? My computer has 4 of them, what do they do?

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

That looks like a nice computer. It should be able to play most of those games fine because they are older. Once you start trying to run some newer games though, you'll probably have to turn down the graphic settings. The 8600gt graphics card is an older mid-range card. After a while you may want to upgrade it if you start playing newer games.

Your computer doesn't have 4 processors, it has one processor with four-cores. These cores help with multitasking, and can also help each other on a single process. The processor is the main component in a computer besides the motherboard itself. Most everything you do on your computer has to go through the processor. that is a nice one though, and should make your computer go fast.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 iDukeHelp

iDukeHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

Thanks. I probably will be stickig to the games I play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users