Did you reboot
the computer after using MBAM? If it encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you need to restart the computer so the malware can be fully removed. Failure to do so will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Your log indicates some files will be deleted on reboot
. If you have not rebooted, make sure you do this. When done, rescan again with MBAM, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.
Please download OTMoveIt2
by OldTimer and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on OTMoveIt2.exe to launch the program.
- Copy the file(s)/folder(s) paths listed below - highlight everything in the quote box and press CTRL+C or right-click and choose Copy.
- Return to OTMoveIt2, right-click in the open text box labeled "Paste List of Files/Folders to be Moved" (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
- Click the red MoveIt! button.
- The list will be processed and the results will be displayed in the right-hand pane.
- Highlight everything in the Results window (under the green bar), press CTRL+C or right-click, choose Copy, right-click again and Paste it in your next reply.
- Click Exit when done.
- A log of the results is automatically created and saved to C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles \mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log <- the date/time the tool was run.
: If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot your computer in order to finish the move process. If asked to reboot, choose Yes. If not, reboot anyway.
Caution: Be careful of what you copy and paste with this tool. OTMoveIt is a powerful program, designed to move highly persistent files and folders. Not following the directions as instructed or using incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system.
Please print out and follow the instructions for using SDFix
in BC's self-help tutorial
"How to use SDFix
".-- When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
-- Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus and any anti-malware real time protection before performing a scan.
When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt
. Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply. Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before
connecting to the Internet.