Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Antivirus 2008 Scam Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shift039

shift039

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:01 AM

i am using xp but managed to get the vista antivirus 2008 scam

i am in the process of deleting the damn thing manually

i need to unregister shlwapi.dll and wininet.dll but i searched for them and found 20 of both and have absolutely no clue which ones to unregister. all the tutorials just say "unregister shlwapi.dll and wininet.dll" they are not specific at all

i really dont wanna screw up my computer, so it would be really helpful if someone could tell me exactly ones to unregister.

thanks, shift039

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Richard Fu

Richard Fu

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:21 AM

Anti spyware programs automatically unregister dll files. So try scanning with one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users