Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ME will not load at all...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deja1981

Deja1981

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:06 AM

Hi, I searched, albiet briefly, for a topic similar to this one but I couldn't find one and was hoping someone could help me. I'm hoping the computer isn't completely gone because I just got it.

When I start up my computer, everything seems to be working fine....it comes to where the background wallpaper image comes up and then...that's it. The wallpaper comes up but nothing loads, no programs, no windows that I can tell..

When I C-A-D, it shows that only three programs are running:

Addpl32
Appyt32
Appzb32

And when I end each of these programs, I am told they are not responding. After I close each program, nothing happens.

I have put my nortons disk in and ran the emergency virus protection, but it shows that there are no infected files on my computer (Granted it IS 2002). I don't have anything higher.

I have tried to start in safe mode but it will not load and only brings me back to a A:/ prompt. I'm not sure if there is anything I can do while in A:/ prompt or C:/ prompt.

Please help! I just paid to get the computer- it's older, but I can't afford to have it reformatted already!

Edited by Deja1981, 09 April 2005 - 11:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Deodar

Deodar

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:02 AM

Deja Vu,often have that,No desktop;dead mouse;partial tray&bar.!Usually hit CAD
x2,so it reloads.Then run scandisk/all-scanreg/fix just for fun-then if necessary do
a stepxstep & watch everything loading.Anything strange-bypass(escape).If that A
prompt is" genuine" you could try those things.Only time it won't start in Safe is
when it asks for scandisk/seems to be a protection fault type thing.Have never seen those 3 programs,so maybe you could bypass them for starters(sick).Use a
boot floppy to really get DOS prompt,just to be sure it's genuine DOS.Very out of
character /sequence for ME.Might be useful to know more of system history??See
how you go meantime & goodluck-@least try Safe from boot floppy(f8?). :thumbsup:

#3 Deodar

Deodar

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:25 AM

:thumbsup: OOps,nearly bypassed another trick.Restart;hold down Cntrl til you get
menu;select SAFE&hit Enter.OR if using floppy SYS C@ prompt to @least transfer
missing files from floppy to hard drive.In SAfe you can diagnose & stop suspect
apps from loading.When hitting CAD to bring up those progs hit againOR choose
Shutdown.!!All the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users