Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Speed Watching Program?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nalis

nalis

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Is there a program that I can put on my desktop that will tell and record my internet speed... I am having major problems convincing "Windstream" that there are times when my 1.5 connect speed drops out to close to zero. They say that it's not happening and I have run speed test from Speakeasy and Speedtest.net, but I have no proof in writing.... not that that will do any good either. My wife and I have been dealing with this problem for 6 month now with no help from Windstream and need some proof when I send in my next payment. I want to short pay them and add a little note that says "Actual payment may be up to 29.99!" HELP PLEASE!

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

http://www.broadbandspeedtest.net/
http://www.beaglesoft.com/bbmonhome.htm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 LynnKnows2

LynnKnows2

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

Hey! There's a program called Internet Speed Connect.. you may want to check that one out too..

#4 nalis

nalis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

I'll try these as soon as I can..... are there any others that will save the results so I can show the people at Windstream that there "is" a problem with my connection.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:53 PM

I believe the ones in my links will
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

I have been taking readings regularly for months from speedtest.net to convince my ISP that my connection is not up to scratch and have finally convinced them. This site will keep all your results and you can take a screenshot of them to email to your ISP. See post #16 here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117959/the-40-snag-it-for-free/

Good luck

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:20 PM

How old is your home. I also use windstream. I replace the wires in my home with the most up to date wiring and got my speed back. My speed was being killed by the 20 year old wiring in the house. Also check your speed without using a surge protector. I have found that a faulty surge protector will cause problems. After I replaced the wiring I no longer get cut off and 3.o speed is at 2.9 plus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users