Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Firewall Preventing Image Upload

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ddaba

ddaba

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:51 PM

I'm operating off a peer-to-peer network where other computers are not having this issue; however, tech support from the SQL server site insists it's a firewall/AV issue.
I'm unable to upload an image to a proprietary ASP. I get the error message "SMUC exception, message = Object reference not set to an instance of an object".
My workstation is not running Windows Firewall (and when I attempt to, it cuts me off from the network). I have AVG 8.0 running. Another computer on the same network has no problem uploading images, although it's running AVG 7. However, my home computer has no problem, and I'm running AVG 8 there. I'm running no other anti-malware apps.
My guess is that I have a compatibility issue with one of my other apps, such as Quickbooks. However, tech support insists that the problem is my AV or firewall!
I ran comparison Hijack This files on the workstation that had no problems and mine, and the only differences I can find are my UPS software, KBD, a java console and QB.
Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by ddaba, 26 June 2008 - 02:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users