Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Won't Go Into The Hybernation Mode

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chickadee56

chickadee56

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

I have a HP WindowsXP, I went to the power options properties at the top there are 4 tabs, power schemes, advanced, UPS,and Away. This pc is on all the time, if I can't get it to turn off, can I just turn off monitor? I didn't know if this should be on all the time or what. It used to be it would shut off awhile by itself, it said monitor going to sleep, now just stays on all the time....HELP :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

Most problems with Hibernation can be traced to corruptions in your video drivers. I'd suggest uninstalling them, then installing the latest version available from the manufacturer of your video chipset (not the PC maker).

Let us know the make and model of your PC and we'll see what we can locate for you.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 chickadee56

chickadee56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

ok, to show you how much I know about pc's The only thing I know about this thing is that it is a HP Windows XP, that is all I know!!!!! And as far as drives and all that stuff you might as well be speaking in German, tell me how I found out this stuff, can you tell I'm new to this???!!!!!!!!

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

Is your computer a custom built system - or is it from a major manufacturer (such as Dell, HP, Compaq, eMachines, Gateway, Sony, Lenovo, IBM, etc)?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Adamsappleone

Adamsappleone

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:25 AM

Under Power Schemes Tab, select Home/Office Desk
Settings for Home/Office Desk,
Turn off monitor, make your choices from the drop down menus
Turn off hard disks,
System Standby,

Advanced Tab
Select the option you want
Power buttons, from the drop down menu select Shut Down

Hibernate Tab
Check or uncheck Enable Hibernation (your choice)

UPS Tab
pretty much configures itself if you have one hooked up.

Do you shut down the computer at all, Using Start/Turn Off Computer?

Multi-Boot, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 7 x64 & Windows 8 Pro x64

Posted Image

#6 chickadee56

chickadee56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

This pc is always on, never off, real pretty screensaver on it though, that's another thing does it mess up your pc to put screensavers on it? PLEASE say no!

#7 chickadee56

chickadee56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

By the way USasma, I have an HP from Walmart. I done all you told me to do just now so we will see, but just one problem, I do not see a Hibernate tab. My son refuses to help me with this anymore and you can see why!!!! He just does things and doesn't explain it to me. Like cookies I never heard of such a thing unless it was choclate chip or something lol Thanks guys for trying to help me

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

OK, you don't have a hibernation tab, and you've got an HP computer. Either on the side or on the back of the computer will be a little tag with information about your system (see this link for a description: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...duct&dlc=en ) Locate the number at the circled 1 - that's your model number. With that we can find your video drive and give you instructions on how to load it.

Normal screensavers don't harm your computer - but there are one's that aren't as nice. If you're not having any problems other than the hibernation, I'd suppose that yours was OK.

#9 chickadee56

chickadee56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

Ok, got all kinds of numbers for you LOL At the top UPC lable #375039-001.... On bottom UPC# 00045-818-115-598 In middle where it says product key-**Key Code Removed for Member Safety**, whew lots of numbers...but this is what is on the label, Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Edited by usasma, 29 June 2008 - 05:45 AM.
Removed Product Key Code

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users