Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making My Own Battery Pack, Need Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

I didn't know where to put this so I figured it could go here. Move it where you like. I am soon buying an ultraportable laptop and am planning to take all of my gadgets with me. The thing is, I want to be super awesome and carry around a light battery pack too, because the UP Laptop sure can't power these things. My idea was to connect a bunch of 2700mAh 1.2V AA batteries and form a big pack: a 2700mAh 9.6V pack that I could use to power things. If you can answer any of these, please do.
1. I'm under the impression that you can feed a device almost any DC Voltage and it'll take it. Is this true or partially true?
2. Can I feed an AC converter (such as a wall charger) DC Power? This would be useful if I had to plug in things into the battery pack without a USB connector.
3. What kind of DC Voltages can a standard USB-powered device handle? As in, what is the USB standard?
4. Are there any pieces of equipment I need to make this thing work? A voltage regulator? A circuit board of some kind? Or just plain old metal contacts?
5. What kind of power do you think this pack should pump out. I don't have a good feel for voltages, but I think that a 2700mAh 9.6v could power an XBox or MicroATX safely for awhile?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users