Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant Logging In

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simonrjnash

simonrjnash

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

where ever i attempt to log into a site such as Bebo, Facebook or Bleepingcomputer, i have to constantly log into my account whenever i click on a link to move onto another page, everytime i click a link i have to sign in all over again, i cant post this comment on my laptop cos i have to keep logging in everytime i press post.

i also cannot access my hotmail account as it says enable cookies when they are, i've emptied my history, tempery files and folder, cache, firewall etc, but nothing seems to work, on Facebook it says "Session Timed Out", some websites dont load but instead the green loading bar just stays on half loaded or does not load, im using the latest internet explorer and im using:

SUPERAntiSpyware
Avast Professional
Zone Alarm Pro.

I've never had any problems with any of these things until recently when i had to restart my computer to factory deafult because it wouldn't turn on properly, i've run all scans and even online scans, nothing shows up, cant think why i would have to keep logging in? anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Give this a try,
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 simonrjnash

simonrjnash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Cheers!!, but i also found out that if i closed zone alarm pro down i could access everything as normal, but with it on i cant, not sure why? any guesses how i could arange it so i could with it on?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

It appears you need to adjust your settings in Zonealrm to allow these sites or lower the security settings a bit.
i am going to move this to the Firewall section so some one that uses ZA may provide some better instruction.

Edited by boopme, 26 June 2008 - 07:58 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users