Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ltucker

ltucker

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

I don't know what has caused this, but whenever I play music or listen to anything on my Windows XP is sounds like chipmunks. I have checked my sounds and everything looks okay. Does anyone know what may be going on?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cornzey

cornzey

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

Try updating the drivers for your soundcard.

I had a problem like this on a school computer, but due to restrctions I couldn't fix it.

Hope this helps,
Cornzey

Posted Image

If I'm giving you help and I don't reply within 24 hours PM me with the topic link.

Avast Anti-Virus - Zone Alarm Firewall
Stay Protected.

#3 ltucker

ltucker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

Thanks, I will try this! :thumbsup:

#4 mae101

mae101

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

wish me luck, I had NO bleepin idea anyone else would have this chipmunk problem, imagine chipmunk Manson :thumbsup: thank God for cornzey the ONLY one who replied!

#5 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

:trumpet: :flowers: :thumbsup: Hope it worked,Alan
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users