Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Axpfixer Antivirus08 Xp

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jmanzer

jmanzer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

I'm ready for specific guidance to remove this spyware virus (AXPFixer Antivirus08 XP) using hijackthis, ComboFix and DSS, what ever you people advise. I have researched many logs and reviewed instructions to include the Windows Boot-Disk too.

I am not so much a newbe, and ready to destroy this creature!
Your help will be appreciated - I have already lost a nights sleep over it.
Please help.

Edited by jmanzer, 26 June 2008 - 08:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Richard Fu

Richard Fu

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:22 AM

(AXPFixer Antivirus08 XP)

This isn't the programs name. It's like just gibberish.

#3 jmanzer

jmanzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

If I could figure out how to attached attachments I could share more.
What else do I need to share?

#4 jmanzer

jmanzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

I have found this (see below for text), but still dont know what to do.

___

AdvancedXPFixerUpdated: May 22, 2008 12:54:07 PM
Type: Misleading Application
Name: AdvancedXPFixer
Version: 2.1.0.1
Publisher: AdvancedXPFixer.com
Risk Impact: Medium
Systems Affected: Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows

SUMMARYBehaviorAdvancedXPFixer is a misleading application that may give exaggerated reports of threats on the computer.

ProtectionInitial Rapid Release version May 22, 2008 revision 007
Latest Rapid Release version May 22, 2008 revision 007
Initial Daily Certified version May 22, 2008 revision 025
Latest Daily Certified version May 22, 2008 revision 025
Initial Weekly Certified release date May 28, 2008
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
TECHNICAL DETAILSBehavior
The program must be manually installed. It can be downloaded from the following location:
AdvancedXPFixer.com

The program reports false or exaggerated system security threats on the computer.

The user is then prompted to pay for a full license of the application in order to remove the errors.

Installation
When the program is executed, it creates the following folder:
%UserProfile%\Application Data\AXPFixer

It then creates the following files:

%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AXPFixer.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\AXPFixer.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\Advanced XP Fixer.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\How to Register Advanced XP Fixer.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\License Agreement.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\Register Advanced XP Fixer.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\Uninstall.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer.lnk
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\AXPFixer.exe
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\AXPFixer.exe.local
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\AXPFixerSkin.dll
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\database.dat
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\license.txt
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\MFC71.dll
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\MFC71ENU.DLL
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\msvcp71.dll
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\msvcr71.dll
%ProgramFiles%\AXPFixer\Uninstall.exe

Next, the program creates the following registry entry so that it executes whenever Windows starts:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"AXPFixer" = "C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\AXPFixer.exe"

It also creates the following registry subkeys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AXPFixer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AXPFixer

Similar Security Risks
WinIFixer

REMOVALThe following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec

AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.

Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
Update the virus definitions.
Run a full system scan.
Delete any values added to the registry.

For specific details on each of these steps, read the following instructions.

1. To disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP)
If you are running Windows Me or Windows XP, we recommend that you temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows Me/XP uses

this feature, which is enabled by default, to restore the files on your computer in case they become damaged. If a virus,

worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer.

Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs

or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an

infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.

Also, a virus scan may detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you have removed the threat.

For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation, or one of the following articles:

How to disable or enable Windows Me System Restore
How to turn off or turn on Windows XP System Restore

Note: When you are completely finished with the removal procedure and are satisfied that the threat has been removed,

reenable System Restore by following the instructions in the aforementioned documents.

For additional information, and an alternative to disabling Windows Me System Restore, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base

article: Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder (Article ID: Q263455).

2. To update the virus definitions
Symantec Security Response fully tests all the virus definitions for quality assurance before they are posted to our servers.

There are two ways to obtain the most recent virus definitions:

Running LiveUpdate, which is the easiest way to obtain virus definitions.

If you use Norton AntiVirus 2006, Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0, or newer products, LiveUpdate definitions are

updated daily. These products include newer technology.

If you use Norton AntiVirus 2005, Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.0, or earlier products, LiveUpdate definitions are

updated weekly. The exception is major outbreaks, when definitions are updated more often.

Downloading the definitions using the Intelligent Updater: The Intelligent Updater virus definitions are posted daily. You

should download the definitions from the Symantec Security Response Web site and manually install them.

The latest Intelligent Updater virus definitions can be obtained here: Intelligent Updater virus definitions. For detailed

instructions read the document: How to update virus definition files using the Intelligent Updater.

3. To run a full system scan

Start your Symantec antivirus program and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files.

For Norton AntiVirus consumer products: Read the document: How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.

For Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise products: Read the document: How to verify that a Symantec Corporate antivirus product is

set to scan all files.

Run a full system scan.
If any files are detected, follow the instructions displayed by your antivirus program.
Important: If you are unable to start your Symantec antivirus product or the product reports that it cannot delete a detected

file, you may need to stop the risk from running in order to remove it. To do this, run the scan in Safe mode. For

instructions, read the document, How to start the computer in Safe Mode. Once you have restarted in Safe mode, run the scan

again.
After the files are deleted, restart the computer in Normal mode and proceed with the next section.

Warning messages may be displayed when the computer is restarted, since the threat may not be fully removed at this point.

You can ignore these messages and click OK. These messages will not appear when the computer is restarted after the removal

instructions have been fully completed. The messages displayed may be similar to the following:

Title: [FILE PATH]
Message body: Windows cannot find [FILE NAME]. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a

file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

4. To delete the value from the registry
Important: Symantec strongly recommends that you back up the registry before making any changes to it. Incorrect changes to

the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify the specified subkeys only. For instructions refer

to the document: How to make a backup of the Windows registry.

Click Start > Run.
Type regedit
Click OK.

Note: If the registry editor fails to open the threat may have modified the registry to prevent access to the registry

editor. Security Response has developed a tool to resolve this problem. Download and run this tool, and then continue with

the removal.

Navigate to and delete the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"AXPFixer" = "C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\AXPFixer.exe"

Navigate to and delete the following registry subkeys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AXPFixer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AXPFixer

Exit the Registry Editor.

#5 jmanzer

jmanzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

The issue I have, and the reason I'm not charging ahead, is because the exact file names listed in these posting are not always an exact filename match for each and every one as listed. Which leads me to beleive it may have mutated a bit on me during my infestation.

I think I need an expert to step me thru revitalization. Please help.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

Hello please run this scan

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 jmanzer

jmanzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

P.S. I also see evidence that I may also be infected with SmitFraud.

Edited by boopme, 26 June 2008 - 01:53 PM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

Please run the above scan first
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 jmanzer

jmanzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:28 PM

As requested, the text below was cut-n-paste from the Malwarebytes log.

What a relief, that nasty app is done ! Excellent suggestion.
In review it looks like it just quarantined the files (and other reg stuff), because a post scan using SpyHunter found many object it thought were infections. I suspect you are now going to have me use Malwarebytes to delete the files it has in quarantine. Also of note, was the inablity of Malwarebytes to delete some of the file, so it told me in marked them for deletion during next reboot - which I did.

Ready and willing to do what you suggest next.

JManzer
________

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.18
Database version: 894

8:21:09 PM 6/26/2008
mbam-log-6-26-2008 (20-21-09).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 44720
Time elapsed: 37 minute(s), 12 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 2
Memory Modules Infected: 5
Registry Keys Infected: 80
Registry Values Infected: 6
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 21
Files Infected: 44

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\Program Files\rhcjppj0e1jv\rhcjppj0e1jv.exe (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Unloaded process successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\AXPFixer.exe (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\AXPFixerSkin.dll (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Unloaded module successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\MFC71.dll (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Unloaded module successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\MFC71ENU.DLL (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Unloaded module successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\msvcp71.dll (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Unloaded module successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\msvcr71.dll (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Unloaded module successfully.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{0507fdde-f3b7-49f5-9e8f-c557e991f39b} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{00b498e3-0543-4624-8fde-1caf89a80550} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbtoolbar.toolbarctl (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbtoolbar.toolbarctl.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0ab71193-ec19-4d70-85c2-e46e2ff02755} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hbcoresrv.dynamicprop (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hbcoresrv.dynamicprop.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbhostol.mailanim (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbhostol.mailanim.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{31a59636-0fa3-4a56-954d-db7ad02840d8} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbcoresrv.lfgax (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbcoresrv.lfgax.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3fa917b9-df69-477f-9e4f-b60d929de79f} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbtoolbar.htmlmenuui (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbtoolbar.htmlmenuui.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{460ac4db-b0de-4626-a0f0-175dd84dcb9b} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\spamblockerutility.commband (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\spamblockerutility.commband.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{7e66936c-fea0-4984-ad26-7b6661ac5b2e} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{7e66936c-fea0-4984-ad26-7b6661ac5b2e} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{7e66936c-fea0-4984-ad26-7b6661ac5b2e} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbinstie.sbinstobj (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbinstie.sbinstobj.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbcoresrv.coreservices (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbcoresrv.coreservices.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbhostol.webmailsend (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\sbhostol.webmailsend.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\spamblockerconfig.application (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\spamblockerconfig.application.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{e678cbdc-d022-41f5-ab21-c43dfd9dfc3e} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{ea232a0a-46f8-4d44-a30b-50321518a828} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\spamblockerutility.sbmain (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\spamblockerutility.sbmain.1 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{421745e9-16df-4ee4-a758-d51f939c49cb} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{5f2b9de7-f878-4762-8cfe-e9c58f082f0e} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{8654592e-952a-4e7c-a960-304763b35fa6} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{d24f9d3c-5d4c-47f8-9ab7-632b44ad6a0d} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{45397063-d7d0-47c2-9508-26487608a298} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{38370864-346f-4afa-8c4b-4fbff518c0bb} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{4cf5a3c1-07a2-4336-9b54-6870452ebde1} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{4331ec56-0aab-499e-8757-dd2ee44ad671} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{54286c3a-e044-4e65-bd44-528d6ae28a18} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{d082721f-4bd4-4b8b-bb82-06753ee6174f} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{f43ec88b-b6c8-4969-a763-e2bf55602cce} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{71e9cf40-af72-4b55-bd3f-1fea2a0eaea6} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{175816a5-219e-4079-b2f9-53c501c409ba} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{1c1793e0-1034-4cac-837d-aa545f6961bf} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{5d16197a-1eaa-45af-b29a-69f1aa055e87} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{8a61a950-c325-4f44-ba64-273180ff3464} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{b53d4cd4-406d-43cc-8244-7893d72236dd} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{b671426c-5c1a-48ac-9652-bc9402b1c404} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{b9bb3219-f84c-4060-966b-4a1e73e24226} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{f786cb18-3809-4e49-bc99-9a66da47db8b} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{71efe583-62fe-4419-9918-ca3b683f7b36} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{601a9784-1114-4089-9b3e-cbd70dafc6ad} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{793af621-5cd0-4b92-b765-6712f6aaf48e} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{27c4569f-8728-4958-a920-a607cae8153c} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{8d5c4ec6-af8e-4b85-ba27-64babe410510} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{af15975b-1498-4740-8e6c-90af78e4198c} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{9967a873-40f3-4c7e-9239-6c8760f19f61} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{f8ee014f-b34c-4544-8e45-95a7971d323b} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{147a976f-eee1-4377-8ea7-4716e4cdd239} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9afb8248-617f-460d-9366-d71cdeda3179} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a4730ebe-43a6-443e-9776-36915d323ad3} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{2e9937fc-cf2f-4f56-af54-5a6a3dd375cc} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{741de825-a6f0-4497-9aa6-8023cf9b0fff} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AXPFixer (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AXPFixer (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spam Blocker (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\SbHostOL.MailAnim (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\WeatherOnTray.EXE (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fun Web Products (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Fun Web Products (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SMrhcjppj0e1jv (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{b7d3e479-cc68-42b5-a338-938ece35f419} (Adware.Softomate) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\AXPFixer (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\&Search\ (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform\SpamBlockerUtility 4.8.0 (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions\Spam Blocker for MS Outlook (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispBackgroundPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\bak (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus XP 2008 (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Protector 2008 (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\SpamBlockerUtility_Icons (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\Autorun (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\Autorun\HKCU (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\Autorun\HKCU\RunOnce (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\Autorun\HKLM (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\Autorun\HKLM\RunOnce (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\Autorun\StartMenuAllUsers (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\Autorun\StartMenuCurrentUser (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\BrowserObjects (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\AXPFixer\AXPFixer\Quarantine\Packages (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\rhcjppj0e1jv\rhcjppj0e1jv.exe (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\bak\mwsoemon.exe (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\AXPFixer.exe (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\AXPFixer.exe.local (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\AXPFixerSkin.dll (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\database.dat (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\license.txt (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\MFC71.dll (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\MFC71ENU.DLL (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\msvcp71.dll (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\msvcr71.dll (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\AXPFixer\Uninstall.exe (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\Advanced XP Fixer.lnk (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\How to Register Advanced XP Fixer.lnk (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\License Agreement.lnk (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\Register Advanced XP Fixer.lnk (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer\Uninstall.lnk (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus XP 2008\Antivirus XP 2008.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus XP 2008\How to Register Antivirus XP 2008.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus XP 2008\License Agreement.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus XP 2008\Register Antivirus XP 2008.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus XP 2008\Uninstall.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Protector 2008\How to Register Malware Protector 2008.lnk (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Protector 2008\License Agreement.lnk (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Protector 2008\Malware Protector 2008.lnk (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Protector 2008\Register Malware Protector 2008.lnk (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Protector 2008\Uninstall.lnk (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\SpamBlockerUtility_Icons\MobileSidewalk_2.ico (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\SpamBlockerUtility_Icons\RegistryDefender_2.ico (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\SpamBlockerUtility_Icons\Software_Online_8.ico (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\SpamBlockerUtility_Icons\wallpapere1.ico (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Antivirus XP 2008.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Antivirus XP 2008.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Protector 2008.lnk (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Malware Protector 2008.lnk (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Advanced XP Fixer.lnk (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\AXPFixer.lnk (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\autorun.inf (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.tt1.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.tt2.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.tt4.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Antivirus XP 2008.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Malware Protector 2008.lnk (Rogue.MalwareProtector2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AXPFixer.lnk (Rogue.AdvancedXPFixer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

Nice!!, Please update and run Mbam again and post a new log.

Also run this ( it is part 1 of possible 2) S!Ri's SmitfraudFix

Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

#11 jmanzer

jmanzer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

Looks like we are making even more progress. The Malwarebytes full scan took almost 2-hrours the second time around and only found one item. Is Step 2 of SmitFraud needed?
JManzer
:thumbsup:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.18
Database version: 894

11:34:27 PM 6/26/2008
mbam-log-6-26-2008 (23-34-12).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 188897
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 50 minute(s), 56 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Shockwave.com\Lemonade Tycoon 2 - New York Edition\product\Lemonade2.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

SmitFraudFix v2.328

Scan done at 23:40:19.20, Thu 06/26/2008
Run from C:\downloads\McAfee\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

Process

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray10.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\CinePlayer\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Enigma Software Group\SpyHunter\SpyHunter3.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\E_S00RP1.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\MBackMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch10.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPS\mpsevh.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SAgent4.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNetwk.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB10.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\10.0\SharedCOM\CPSHelpRunner10.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 7\psp.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Smart Web Printing\hpswp_clipbook.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsshld.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

hosts

C:\

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\drsmartload2.dat FOUND !
C:\WINDOWS\keyboard1.dat FOUND !
C:\WINDOWS\newname.dat FOUND !
C:\WINDOWS\teller2.chk FOUND !

C:\WINDOWS\system

C:\WINDOWS\Web

C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data

Start Menu

C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\FAVORI~1

Desktop

C:\Program Files

Corrupted keys

Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

IEDFix
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

IEDFix
Credits: Malware Analysis & Diagnostic
Code: S!Ri

VACFix

VACFix

404Fix

404Fix

Sharedtaskscheduler

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""

Winlogon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"
"System"=""

Rustock

DNS

Description: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 16.92.3.242
DNS Server Search Order: 16.92.3.243
DNS Server Search Order: 16.81.3.243
DNS Server Search Order: 16.118.3.243

Description: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 68.87.73.242
DNS Server Search Order: 68.87.71.226

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4A9430DD-FA0A-452C-B9C4-DCC127A26008}: DhcpNameServer=68.87.73.242

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B79CD0E0-7DB7-4724-A9D0-ED3179536593}: DhcpNameServer=16.92.3.242 16.92.3.243

16.81.3.243 16.118.3.243
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{4A9430DD-FA0A-452C-B9C4-DCC127A26008}: DhcpNameServer=68.87.73.242

HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{B79CD0E0-7DB7-4724-A9D0-ED3179536593}: DhcpNameServer=16.92.3.242 16.92.3.243

16.81.3.243 16.118.3.243
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{4A9430DD-FA0A-452C-B9C4-DCC127A26008}: DhcpNameServer=68.87.73.242

HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{B79CD0E0-7DB7-4724-A9D0-ED3179536593}: DhcpNameServer=16.92.3.242 16.92.3.243

16.81.3.243 16.118.3.243
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=68.87.73.242 68.87.71.226
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=68.87.73.242 68.87.71.226
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=68.87.73.242 68.87.71.226

Scanning for wininet.dll infection

End

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

Yes you have the smitfraud infection.

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart anyway into normal Windows. A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply along with a new HijackThis log.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning : running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users