Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dead Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevensmitho

stevensmitho

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

I have a bad virus, don't know the name of it. I was advised to format and reinstall my OS, from Aumha Forums. Before I was advised to erase my hard drive and reinstall my OS I followed their directions and everything went well till I was instructed to install the Kapersky virus removal tool, the tool just never installed right, after the tool installed a popup message stated that the kapersky tool is not working and needs to shut down. Before in order this what I did, I Deckards system scan, was only able to give them the main. txt, the extra txt file never showed up. I ran SPDIF, I ran Killbox without Internet and shutdown my Security software and Killbox appeared to run correctly, I ran Hijackthis and checked the lines they instructed it worked well. I willing to try one more time. If anyone could help I would really jump up and down. Thx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:26 AM

You were advised you had a seriously rootkit infected computer in the thread where you posted your hijackthis log here.

You received several warnings about not following instructions and starting new threads. It appears you were inpatient and complained about not getting timely help which resulted in your thread getting closed. My advice is for you to follow the advice you were given to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS.

Should you decide not to follow that advice, then your going to have to read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" and complete all the steps. When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts.

We too are all volunteers and you may have to wait for assistance. When a HJT Team Member responds to assist you, please refer them to the thread where you previously received assistance so they know exactly what has been done.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users