Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire Desktop Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bain_russell

bain_russell

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:40 AM

I have an Acer Aspire M1610 Desktop computer that came preinstalled with Windows Vista. I decided to downgrade this to Windows XP. I am having trouble installing the drivers.

All of the relevant drivers from the Acer website have installed with no problem but there is still one entry in the Device Manager showing up as PCI Device. I have been looking into this all morning and noticed that there is no audio drivers installed. I tried installing the ones from the website but no luck. I havnt installed a chipset driver yet as i am unsure what chipset driver i will need as there is no drivers on the acer website. I tried calling tech support but the guy on the phone simply told me he didnt know.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with this particular model?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikem3

mikem3

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

Hi bain russell,

I had this problem when I put XP on an aspire T180.
I don't know about your model, but I have realtek surround sound in mine.
The HD Audio driver is the one I installed WDM_R195.exe is the name of the file.
I also went to the Microsoft site and downloaded Windows Media Player 11
I found that some codecs were missing and found them via Google.
Get a free copy of BELARC and scan your PC, you will find the name of your
audio system there, if it can be seen.
Sorry I can't be any more help, but visit realtek and see what you can find.

Mike.

#3 bain_russell

bain_russell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:44 AM

Thanks for your reply

I tired installing that driver you mentioned (long shot i know) but still now luck. I also installed the BELARC application you mentioned but this wasnt much help for me. It listed all of the deviced correctly but under multimedia it said nothing found or something to that affect?

#4 mghosting

mghosting

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

Hi bain_russell,

You can download the correct Windows XP and Windows VISTA drivers for the ACER Aspire M1610 desktop here:

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/deskt...pire_m1610.html

They're zipped up.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users