Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Cypher Game!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:52 AM

Okay for you math nerds (like me! :thumbsup: ) and want a challenge?

Okay you got one! :flowers:

I made 2 cyphers the first one is kinda easy (even tho you need a hint.)

Part 1 (hint O = I)
Xcj ws, bf rtaasv Xbtgonxcw: xwe csu vqxu fsyg nsycugf nxc js rsg fsy xwe vqxu fsy nxc js rsg fsyg nsycugf.

Bf rtaasv nouoktcw sr uqt vsgaj: xwe csu vqxu Xbtgonxc voaa js rsg fsy, pyu vqxu usdtuqtg vt nxc js rsg uqt rgttjsb sr bxc.

Rocxaaf, vqtuqtg fsy xgt nouoktcw sr Xbtgonxcw sg nouoktcw sr uqt vsgaj, xwe sr yw uqt wxbt qodq wuxcjxgjw sr wugtcduq vqonq vt xwe sr fsy.
Zsqc R. Etcctjf

Good Luck! :trumpet:

Part 2
WPMDPCWXMWPNDSMAPCWPCWXMDVCAPMAVNWVNDPNDXCDPMWVCWPCAVCDXNWVMAPNAXNAVMQPMWXNDVMDVNQXC.

Also as you attempt to work on these show your work so I can "help" you.

EDIT: i fixed the typo in the first one. :inlove:

Edited by yanowhiz, 10 April 2005 - 12:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 09 April 2005 - 08:51 PM

This is insane. I've been fiddling with this first one off and on all day. Everytime I substitute a letter or a word (I did tons of these in puzzle books), something doesn't work.
I guess you have to be a member of MENSA to find this easy.

Either offer another hint or don't give the answer. I'm still straining my brain. Trust me, it's hurting.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:11 PM

For the first one.
Ok, its a famous phrase (every has at least said it, and heard it once). ;)

Also C = N.

Also here is a hint for the 2nd one. I used "3-Dimensional" grid to make it. ;) http://www.vectorsite.net/ttcode4.html 4.3 (I didn't to the "warthog" thing here, i just did the "adfgx" but i obsiovly used different letters.) But id did add another "dimension." :thumbsup: (i was up to 6 this morning looking to find if it is possible to "draw the 4th dimension."
I just added a 3rd dimension to a similar code used in WW2. (however I obsiovaly reorganized it.) :flowers:

I'll add more to the 2nd part one to help everyone out... cause currently Part2 has every letter used once except 2 of them.

Also what/who is MENSA?

Edited by yanowhiz, 10 April 2005 - 12:19 AM.

#4 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:08 PM

Thanks Yanowhiz. I've been off the computer working on it. I just might be getting close.

MENSA is the organization of the most brilliant people in the world. I'm not sure how difficult it is to get in this club but I'm sure I could never pass the test.

EDIT:

rgttjsm sr bxc.

That threw me off. The 'm' should have been a 'b', decoded, it's an 'm'. I just about had it when I saw your post.

"And so my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

"My fellow citizens of the world: Ask not what American (typo, either no N or S is missing) will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."

"Finally, whether you are citizens of Americans or citizens of the world, ask of us the same high standards of strength which we ask of you."
John F. Kennedy

Edited by TexasAngel67, 09 April 2005 - 11:41 PM.

#5 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:19 PM

Cool. Start showing us your ideas and maybe it would be easier to give you hints. :thumbsup:

Where might one find an application for this club MENSA? :flowers: :trumpet:

Edited by yanowhiz, 09 April 2005 - 11:22 PM.

#6 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:45 PM

Part 1 - done :thumbsup: although i haven't figured out the method of the cypher
i thought i had something with 11,but it didnt work out.
Moving on to part 2

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#7 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:46 PM

Try this quiz

Click here for more information and tests.

MENSA's website.

#8 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:47 PM

Part 1 had no pattern I just used a online program to randomly generate numbers so that each letter of the alphabet is replaced with a random new one. :thumbsup: PM your answer. :flowers:

TexasAngel67 I'll take the test tomorrow morning... :trumpet: I'm getting kinda tired now and I wanna be completly rested for it. :inlove:

Edited by yanowhiz, 10 April 2005 - 12:14 AM.

#9 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2005 - 11:55 PM

More for Part 2:
DPNAXNAPNAXNDPCWPMWPCWVMDVMDPCDVNAVCWPNDVNAVCDXNWVNAPCDVNDPCAVNDXN!

#10 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:13 AM

I decided just to goto the websites and I got 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 on the first link from about.com. :thumbsup: :flowers:

However I doubt if they would let me in cause my official IQ (not done online, it was done by a schoo physciologist, when I was trying to get into the really advance classes) is 126.

Edited by yanowhiz, 10 April 2005 - 02:01 PM.

#11 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:16 AM

Thanks Yanowhiz. I've been off the computer working on it. I just might be getting close.

MENSA is the organization of the most brilliant people in the world. I'm not sure how difficult it is to get in this club but I'm sure I could never pass the test.

EDIT:

rgttjsm sr bxc.

That threw me off. The 'm' should have been a 'b', decoded, it's an 'm'. I just about had it when I saw your post.

"And so my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

"My fellow citizens of the world: Ask not what American (typo, either no N or S is missing) will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."

"Finally, whether you are citizens of Americans or citizens of the world, ask of us the same high standards of strength which we ask of you."
John F. Kennedy

Good job TexasAngel! :thumbsup: :flowers:

I didn't catch that typo, but thanks for pointing it out. :trumpet:

#12 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:21 AM

O BTW: I'll add more cyphers similar to part 1, since someone (texasangel67) already solved it.

I've also been thinking about giving away like 5 gmail invites for part 1, and possibly even like 30 gmail invites for someone solving the 2nd part (i've been thinking about free website hosting on my account, but idk about that yet)

#13 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:55 PM

I'm kinda dissapointed... Its been almost a month and no one has attempted at my 2nd cypher?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users