Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multimedia Audio Controller

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ToniCancro

ToniCancro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:30 AM

Hi All, I am new to this website and am excited that I now have a place to go to with all my pc related questions. Thanks in advance for answering all my stupid questions. I know, there are no stupid questions. but just wait, I will ask one. :thumbsup: Anyway, I am having a similar problem as those who posted previously re this controller. I just reinstalled Xp and now my sound isnt working. Is there a driver I need to reinstall to make it work? I called Sony, and they could not help. I checked the Dell website and that led me to believe I need to install the audio driver. But after reading some of the posts here, I want to be sure I am downloading the right file. Any advice would be great. thanks. Toni

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:00 AM

yes there certainly is!

what is the model of your laptop(if it is even a laptop)

easiest way is to then go to your manufacture website, search for your model. when you find it, check the drivers/download section for that model, and download whatever driver suits what operating system you use!!

goodluck
=)

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:58 AM

Your Dell should have come with restore disks which include the driver. If you don't have them, just go to this Dell website and enter the service tag number in order to find your drivers: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...;l=en&s=gen

If there's more than one driver to choose from, post back and we'll figure out which one it is.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users