Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rods

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:05 PM

Just wondering what people think about these things, heres a link to some info on it there has also been programs on TV about them.
Has anyone ever seen 1 maby?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_(cryptozoology)

You will find alot of videos on utube about them as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 62blue

62blue

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:58 AM

I hadn't heard of rods before, but the explanation on the Wikipedia page seems to settle it, that they're flying insects that appear as rods in videotape due to a time lapse effect. "Rods" have even been recorded deliberately it seems by using insects. It's a more reasonable explanation than "atmospheric beasts" but not as sexy, of course.

I'd guess that people who believe in rods don't understand the video recording process, the same as people who claim you can't see stars in space don't understand the photographic process.

#3 cooldudenz

cooldudenz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:14 AM

Yea Wikipedia does sum it up pretty well. Have to admit i hadn't finished reading the page when i posted on here, finshed reading after posting thought i would still see what people have to say.... Not much by the look of it tho lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users