This might seem a bit overwhelming, but .....
as your browser, and set IE's security settings back the way they were.
Firefox is a more secure browser than IE, has tabbed browsing, and a built in pop-up blocker.
You can also configure it, to your own preferences, with the use of extensions.
Some of our members favorites:Favorite Firefox Extension
You can use as many different browser as you want to.
You don't have to uninstall one, to use the other.
Just use IE for Windows Updates.
A few, other browsers:MozillaNetscapeOpera
Use these basic security programs.aČ free
- a complementary product to antivirus software which is specialized in protection against harmful software. Antivirus software often features an inadequate protection against Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. aČ fills this gap.Ad-Aware
- A good program similar to SpyBot S & D.Spybot S&D
- Detects and removes spyware, of different types, from your computer.SpywareBlaster
- A good program that prevents spyware from being installed on your computer in the first place. This program is always running in the background, protecting your computer. It prevents the installation of bad active X controls found in web pages.SpywareGuard
- A nice compliment to SpywareBlaster. This allows you the option to prevent downloads that contain bad active X controls.
These programs, updated
and used regularly
, will do a lot to keep your computer clean of spyware, trojans, keyloggers, browser hijackers, etc...
Download them, update
them, and then run them.Important:Please
read this tutorial
on Spybot S&D before using it. Spybot can do SERIOUS
damage, if not used properly.
If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
We were all newbies, at one time.
Edited by tg1911, 09 April 2005 - 02:53 AM.