Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet And Music Stoped Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GimmickBMX

GimmickBMX

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

I turned my computer on today and my internet wouldn't work, i also opened up media monkey and my music wouldn't play. Instead, it would just skip over that song and turn it gray instead of black, and go through each song pretty fast. I tried playing music with vlc and wmp, neither worked.
I had this same problem about a week ago, and i'm pretty sure i fixed it by just doing a system restore, so i tried that and now opera 9.5 works, but firefox 3 does not, and still no music.
I've tried closing media monkey (through task manager-won't close on it's own when trying to play music) and restarting mm, and every once in a while there will be a ffdshow popup asking me if i want to use ffdshow or not i've tried yes and no with no success. So then i tried to uninstall ffdshow but it gives me message: "File 'C:\program files\ffdshow\unins000.dat' does not exist. cannot uninstall". I also tried to uninstall a different program, orbit download manager, and got the same message. But another program, malwarebytes' anti-malware, was able to uninstall.
Also, there are no problems in the device manager, and my computer can play windows sounds (that annoying beep). Also, through opera, i can't hear sound. videos play without music, myspace appers to play song, but i don't hear any thing. And when i go to a radio station's website, the window that plays their radio station fails to load.
I have a dell dimension e510, xp pro sp2, 1 gb ram, intel 8280 1gb ICH7-high definiton audo controller, and dell DM051 motherboard (via everest)
:thumbsup:

Edited by GimmickBMX, 25 June 2008 - 07:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 GimmickBMX

GimmickBMX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:49 PM

I restarted my computer again and now opera doesn't work again. Also, i tried playing a dvd through vlc and wmp and neither worked. wmp gave a message about not having the right dvd decrypter.

Edited by GimmickBMX, 25 June 2008 - 07:55 PM.

#3 GimmickBMX

GimmickBMX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:38 AM

Today everything works again except firefox-gives me a 'crash, bang, boom' message. last night i ran the 'daily maintenece' in advanced windows care 3 beta 2.5, which cleaned the registry. when i went to see what i would clean from the registry it was just some old activex and 'super encoder'-that i uninstalled yesterday- issues. why would cleaning out the registry with awc fix my internet and music issue?

#4 GimmickBMX

GimmickBMX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

again, i turned my computer on again today and the SAME PROBLEM :thumbsup:. every once in a while my internet will work but not usually and my music never plays. I was able to update and then remove ffdshow, but neither helped.

Edited by GimmickBMX, 28 June 2008 - 12:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users