Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message When Loading Windows After A Reboot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fmzuniga

fmzuniga

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

Hi...I am new to this site and probably know the least about computers than anyone posting. I do have a problem that occurs each time I turn on the computer or reboot the computer. When windows is coming on I get an error message that says - "windows can't find c:\windows\system32\ddabx.exe could not load or run"

I then click okay and it tells me a second error that says - "error loading c:\windows\system32\sxtcqpwg.dll the specified module could not be found".

I then click okay and it tells me a third error that says - "error loading c:\programfiles\vcrspgvi\mnotmvq.dll the specified module could not be found".

If I click okay, I do not get any more error messages and windows seems to work, but I have notice that I can't access any website that need adobe flash. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but it does not work on my computer.

I do not know if these are all separate problems and I should be posting them separate, or if they all go together. I hope someone can help me because I have no clue what to o and I do not understand how computers work. I do know that we have something called AVG 7.5 internet security.

Please let me know if you can help. Also, if I need to do that hijack log thing, you will have to tell me how. I have just been noticing that a lot of people have copied logs and I don't know how to do that if needed.

Thanks for listening and hope someone can help!

fmzuniga

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

These appear to be leftovers from a virus infection that's been removed from your computer.
To get rid of them, use this free tool: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/Autoruns.mspx
Look under the "Everything" tab for image names that have those filenames mentioned above:
ddabx.exe
sxtcqpwg.dll
mnotmvq.dll

Once you find them (it's a long, long list), remove the check mark to the left side of the window that corresponds to the line that the files are on. Then reboot to see if the error messages are gone.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 fmzuniga

fmzuniga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

Thanks John! I did as you suggested and found the ddabx.exe I removed the check mark and then rebooted and that error message is no longer there. The other two still show up though. Any other ideas for those two?
Thanks again!
fmzuniga

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:55 AM

I would suggest a second check of the Autoruns program for these entries - and try using the Find tool (in the File menu) to locate the entries.

Otherwise, I'd suggest searching your registry for those file names - and backing up the registry before you make changes.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:34 AM

Since fmzuniga says "i probably know the least about computers than anyone posting" maybe someone can tell fmzuniga how to do that :thumbsup:

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

Demystifying the Windows Registry - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/...l74.html#backup

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP and Windows Vista - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Using regedit in Windows Registry - http://mikescomputerinfo.com/xpregistry.htm

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 26 June 2008 - 08:55 AM.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

Since fmzuniga says "i probably know the least about computers than anyone posting" maybe someone can tell fmzuniga how to do that :thumbsup:

The registry editing information was left out deliberately. Also, you may notice that one of the other posts to this thread is now missing (and it referred to editing the registry).

Once the Autoruns "Find" tool has been run, then we can address the registry issues. Editing the registry is not something that should be undertaken casually, and there's plenty of instructions that need to be given (the first being..."Backup the registry before proceeding").

Edited by usasma, 26 June 2008 - 12:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users