Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspsersky Internet Suite

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flashystunnaboy

flashystunnaboy

• Banned
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

Once i installed it my computer ran slow, even my computer boot time was slower, i love the protection and the great reviews it gets but, i decided to get the norton 360 2.0 software, i hear norton has declined over the years but i had a trial on it once and it was good, do you think i made the right decision

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

That is extremely hard to answer...It has been my experience (with Norton Products) that they are resource hogs...While they are very good products they use up an awful lot of system resources which IMO will slow things down considerably (specially on older systems)...I would suggest that if possible, try and find a trial version and give it a try...If it works for you then go ahead and get the full blown version.
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:29 AM

In my opinion, all Internet Security Suites are resource hogs. Most people get sucked into thinking if you pay, your 100% protected - your not. No program is foolproof - there is no argument with that. Malware changes constantly and the database signatures need to be updated for these new viruses - that is, once those new viruses are found.

However, when you pay, your get technical assistance.

But, if you want to take some good advice, I would recommend the following:

AVG Anti-Virus 8 - Includes Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware all in one.
COMODO Firewall PRO - Great firewall and includes a Defense + feature which no other firewall (pay firewall) has (to my knowledge anyway).
SpywareBlaster - Use this to help protect your from malware. Sets a list of potentially hazardous sites, cookies and ActiveX controls.

If you want to go even further, have a go at using an alternate web browser to Internet Explorer - Mozilla Firefox is one that comes to mind :thumbsup:

Well I hope all this didn't overwhelm you and it made a difference :flowers:

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users