Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Our Wireless Network Disappeared From The List Of Networks!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bschoeck

bschoeck

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

Hello, can anyone offer some assistance? :thumbsup:
Recently, my apartment's wireless network ("Isabelle") disappeared from the list on our "Connect to a Network" page (in Windows Vista).
My flatmates and I are still able to connect to other networks in the building (our friends live upstairs, so they know we're stealing their signal, don't worry!)
I've un/replugged and reset our modem and router a few times, to no avail, and the modem has had a red "ALARM" light flashing.
The only variation in our normal Internet use is that I recently installed Azureus, and ran a speed test on upload/download rates. I wanted to forward my ports, but didn't go through with it, honest!

The "Manage Wireless Networks" window does list 'Isabelle', but has no way to attempt connection.

Thanks, really appreciate any advice!

-bschoeck

PS The router is a Hawking/Linsys WR204G. If that matters.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bschoeck

bschoeck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

Well, cancel that! A repair guy came and ran some tests...says the router is broken. That solves it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users