Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arkzadis

Arkzadis

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:28 AM

erm with my main computer, (im on my sis's laptop) whenever i open it, theres a runtime error which says something like this programe has terminated in an unusual way, and then another window pops up, its the one that comes up after u close something thats not responding and it goes end now, and then the window that comes after that. Theres a dont send and a report to some1 or other. The program that had the runtime error is my anti-virus software, something screwed it over and now i cant use it so i used the spyware blaster, ad-aware and the other recommended one i cant remember which one it was. Also, in the system tray on the bottom right hand corner of my comuputer, it says that im connected to the internet and everything but when i try to open internet explorer, it goes this page cannot be displayed, then i try logging into MSN with hotmail, and it says troubleshoot, try to fix, and it says that i'm not connected to the internet and that if i clicked work offline i should unselect it. But my work offline button is unselected so i tried the reset button that i saw in Internet Explorer options, and it said to use this only when u are experiencing difficulties connecting to the internet or soemthing so i clicked it. Still my internet didnt work. Then i tried to uninstall my anti-virus software (Trend Micro PC-Cillin) but halfway thorugh uninstallment it said it had been interrupted so it's still there, i think the interruption was because it couldnt connect to the internet. Then i uninstalled the Spyware-Blaster, Ad-Aware and the other recommended software (Buckeye_Sam recommended if that helps) and thats what happened so far. Can you tell me how to fix this please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

Now that your problem appears to be resolved, this thread will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request.

I think you should send a PM to Buckeye_Sam and reopen you log. It hasn't been that long
Anyways I'm going to move you to Am I Infected?

Edited by garmanma, 25 June 2008 - 12:29 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users