Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Am Having A Problem Installing A Game For W95/98 On Xp?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 youngmomma

youngmomma

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:53 AM

I bought this dr seuss preschool comp game at a yard sale and everytime i try and install it on my comp it says it installed correctly but when i click on the icon it says error and send report or dont send? does this have anything to do with the system compatibility ?? it doesnt say xp but shouldnt it work on it anyway? I am confused and does this mean i cannot use it on xp or is there a way for me to fix it to where she can play it>>?? please help and thanks in advance for any suggestions. jess

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cornzey

cornzey

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:01 AM

Hi there,

There is a method I have heard of but I'm not sure if it will work.

Create a desktop icon for the game is there isn't one already, then take the following steps:

• Right Click on the Icon and choose 'Properties'
  • Then choose the 'Compatability' tab.
  • Tick the box, 'Run in compatability mode for:'
  • Then select either Windows 95 or 98/ ME and run the program again.

Hope this helps,
Cornzey

Posted Image

If I'm giving you help and I don't reply within 24 hours PM me with the topic link.

Avast Anti-Virus - Zone Alarm Firewall
Stay Protected.

#3 youngmomma

youngmomma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

I am still having a problem running it ?? it goes farther than it did before but still stops and says error send do not send report? Do you have any other ideas? I appreciate all of your help, thanks again jess

#4 cornzey

cornzey

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

Not to sure really,

Is there any websites on the packaging?

If so try visiting these and see if there is any form of patch. If not try e-mailing the company that makes the game.

Hope this helps,
Cornzey

Posted Image

If I'm giving you help and I don't reply within 24 hours PM me with the topic link.

Avast Anti-Virus - Zone Alarm Firewall
Stay Protected.

#5 youngmomma

youngmomma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

thank you for your help i will definitely do this and let you know if it helps thank you jess

#6 encyclogames

encyclogames

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:47 AM

Hve u ever heard of the program "DOSBOX" It creates a virtual Dos shell for older PC games to work on and is ESPECIALLY useful for XP and Vista s these OS do not have a real DOS system on them. Search for it on google.

#7 youngmomma

youngmomma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

thank you i am having some trouble getting it running w/this but i will keep working on it thanks again!! :thumbsup:

#8 Lonster

Lonster

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:04 PM

Hve u ever heard of the program "DOSBOX" It creates a virtual Dos shell for older PC games to work on and is ESPECIALLY useful for XP and Vista s these OS do not have a real DOS system on them. Search for it on google.

I've not used DOSBOX yet, but I thought it was only for DOS programs (games) and not for Windows programs (games), e.g. Windows 95/98 games.
"Applying computer technology is simply a matter of
finding the best wrench to pound in the correct screw."

- Guru Tru Yahu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users