Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:34 AM
i had some malware defect on my xp a few days back and i cleared it using combofix .but after that my autorun is not working .mine is a DVD-RW plus DVD-rom drive .i tried some ways by reading the forum like
How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP)
1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.
2. Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the AutoPlay tab.
4. Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.
5. Select OK.
There is no option to enable or disable automatically running CD-ROMs in the user interface. To enable or disable automatically running CD-ROMs, you must edit the registry:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.
but these two methods didnt work .... pls help me with this