Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Autorun Cd Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 prajulprem

prajulprem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:34 AM

hi,
i had some malware defect on my xp a few days back and i cleared it using combofix .but after that my autorun is not working .mine is a DVD-RW plus DVD-rom drive .i tried some ways by reading the forum like

How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP)

1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.
2. Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the AutoPlay tab.
4. Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.
5. Select OK.

There is no option to enable or disable automatically running CD-ROMs in the user interface. To enable or disable automatically running CD-ROMs, you must edit the registry:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
2. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1.
4. Restart your computer.

but these two methods didnt work .... pls help me with this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tswsl1989

tswsl1989

• Members
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

If you go back into the registry key as per the second step 2, is the Autorun value still 1 or has it changed to 0?
Tom

Tswsl1989
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

You could try using Microsoft's Autoplay Repair Wizard.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users