Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When windows xp opens I get this box

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BaconSndwich

BaconSndwich

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:42 PM

Someone please help me. I used spybot to get rid of some spyware on my computer. Ever since I get this box that has an 'x' and says something to the effect of:

Windows can't find this thing..

Program Files/Wildtangent/ something something something/ 0400.dll

I know this was some spyware because I saw it on the window that listed the spyware that spybot found.

How do I get this box to stop comming up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2005 - 03:50 PM

Ok your getting this error cause windows is still trying to load the spyware, well since the spyware is gone it can't find it. So bascially the message is useless... however if you want to get rid of it (like i would)

open up spybot
click mode in the top left corner
click advanced
click tools on the left side (down near the bottom)
click system startup
uncheckmark anything that has that folder "wildtangent"
then shut-down spybot
and restart

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:22 PM

Wildtangent is software used by AOL and others to run games but is accused of being spyware. That's why your spyware program partially removed it.

Open your control panel and go to add/remove programs and delete Wild Tangent if you can. You probably will need to do it in safe mode.

Additionally, download, install, update and run the Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta:
Microsoft Antispyware Beta: http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users