Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help With Beeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SRT Matt

SRT Matt

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:33 AM

dont know if you guys can help you just helped with a HJT topic for me another problem has been going on when im on websites were i can post in fourms or im writeing messages on facebook sometimes my computer makes small beeping noises then the text im writeing or reading goes smaller not enough that i cant read it or write but enough to bug me any idea what this could be???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the time that this is happening. Each error will have its own date and time shown.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

Be sure that you choose System.

The error will appear in the far left column and will appear as a red dot with a white X inside. Each of the columns has a title at the top of them, the column that you want is the Event column. When you see an error follow it to the right across the page to the event column, there will be a set of numbers in there, this is the error code. If you right click on the error code a drop menu will appear, click on Properties, another page will open which will contain a description of the error.

Please post the error codes and descriptions back in this topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 SRT Matt

SRT Matt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:52 AM

error code is 45062

Date: 6/24/2008 Source: ati2mtag

Time: 11:29:17 AM Category: CRT

Type: Error Event Id: 45062

User: N/A

Computer: D218VL81

Description:
CRT invalid display type

I went down through the log list and have noticed alot of these in there they seem to be the same error all the time.

#4 drmsucks

drmsucks

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

dont know if you guys can help you just helped with a HJT topic for me another problem has been going on when im on websites were i can post in fourms or im writeing messages on facebook sometimes my computer makes small beeping noises then the text im writeing or reading goes smaller not enough that i cant read it or write but enough to bug me any idea what this could be???

@SRT Matt: Even minimal punctuation will help the readability of your posts - no punctuation at all will limit the help available to you.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

Does your computer have an onboard ATI video chip or an ATI video card? Try updating the driver
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 SRT Matt

SRT Matt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

the driver i have for my ATI video card is the latest i can find for it i have a ATI Radeon x600 video card with the omega 3.8.442 driver/driver date 12/4/2007

Edited by SRT Matt, 24 June 2008 - 03:22 PM.

#7 SRT Matt

SRT Matt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:35 PM

does anyone know of a better more updated driver for this card????

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:10 PM

My experience with ATI cards/drivers...makes me think that the best approach to dealing with ATI drivers...is not to update, but use the one that came with the card/chipset (because we know it works properly).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users