Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1335 Cab1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 equinecpa

equinecpa

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

After a run-in with a nasty virus, I was thinking of adding a new HDD and reloading windows on it...then I realized just how much work this was going to be and got to thinking...this problem existed before I had the virus.

I often get the following error when trying to install downloaded programs.

"Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the cd-rom or a problem with this package"

This latest error came when trying to install Quanix Software Investment Manager. I did get a disk from the distributor and it installed flawlessly. Something happens in the download.

Coincidentally (or not so coincidentally) tonight when trying to install Net Framework on my husbands computer (so I could install NLite to make a Slipstream disk for my computer) I got the same error. I found a different link for the download for Net Framework and was able to successfully install the Net Framework on his computer.

I tried a download manager tonight, and still got the same error.

I'm running a repaired version of XP with SP1 installed (not going to bother downloading to much in case I do a wipe anyhow).

Does anyone have any idea what causes this error?

TIA

Carolyn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

One opinion: http://www.asksam.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5410

There are a number of incidents found by Googling for this error message, it doesn't appear to be specific to the downloaded programs.

Louis

#3 equinecpa

equinecpa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:59 PM

I still haven't fixed this problem. I just figured out it is not my computer - it is somehow network related. I downloaded a file tonight on my computer and got a crc error. Ok I thought, I'll try the laptop - I got the same error.

So the only common link between the two computers would be the router and modem. The router is mine but the modem belongs to my internet provider. What would be some steps to take to identify which is the culprit?

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

Switching out equipment...is the only way that know of to verify/confirm a network hardware problem.

Well...you could eliminate the router and just connect directly to the modem...which may or may not prove anything. If you do that, please ensure that you have an active firewall first.

Maybe it's your network connection itself...I don't know. When I get a downloaded file, it's not a routine thing and I just figure that something happened between the start of the data transmission and my reception of same...and I have no control over that.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 August 2008 - 12:12 PM.

#5 equinecpa

equinecpa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

I think I have this figured out. I have a netgear router and searched on their forum and found one of the settings in the firmware needed to be changed. I disabled the router firewall -- and bingo the large download I was having problems with worked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users