Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pdf Opening In Wrong Format ,please Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 moniques

moniques

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

:thumbsup: I reformated my computer a couple weeks ago and of course when doing that you have to adjust things as they come.
Well I boo boo'ed while opening a pdf file .It asked me what I wanted to open it with and I said microsoft front page. I always use microsoft word for PDF.
My question is HOW ON EARTH do I switch it to word. Now when there are any PDF files I need to look at there is no option on how I want to look at it ,it just goes to front page.

LOL take it easy on me I am not the best on computers but I know more than the average person .
Monique

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:38 PM

You will need to change the file association for .pdf

Click on my computer from your desktop.

Tools/Folder Options/File Types tab.

Scroll down until you see PDF.
Click on PDF to highlight it.

Next click on Change. Choose the program you want to use to open pdf files.

Click OK.

IF the .pdf file is saved on your computer, you can RIGHT click on the file, then choose Open With.
Choose Program. Again, make your choice, then check the box for Always use the selected program to open this kind of file. Click OK.

#3 moniques

moniques
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:46 AM

YAY !!! Thank you so very much !!! It worked!! :thumbsup:

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

I'm glad it worked for you. Thanks for letting me know it did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users