Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slipstream Xp Sp3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 equinecpa

equinecpa

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

I"m about to make a slipstream disk and have read conflicting information. I have an original XP Professional disk (no SP's on it), can I use this as the foundation for my SP3 slipstream disk? If not can I add SP1 and SP3 to a slipstream disk will this work?

And one last question-I noticed the download for SP3 was huge -will this all fit onto one CD?

Thanks

Carolyn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:46 PM

http://www.askvg.com/the-best-and-the-easi...ndows-xp-setup/

I've seen a few comments that SP1 or SP2 is a prerequisite for slipstreaming SP3...but I've also seen references that just say XP CD. It won't hurt to try, the cost of a coaster is negligible.

The download for SP3 itself is 300+ MB...but some of this are updates that have already been included (files replaced) at prior times for those who have SP1 or SP2 installed. So, my slipstreamed version of XP is about 595 MB, I think.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 June 2008 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users