Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Can't Find Any Wireless Networks!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 macccccc

macccccc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

Windows can't find any wireless networks!
I have 3 computers all connected to a wireless network. 1 is mac and has no prob, so I know the network has no prob.

The other two, xp and vista, sometimes lose their connection after a while (but can always connect right after rebooting the comp though)

And i can't connect back on because it says it can't find any wireless networks (even though there are like 10 in the area)

is there a way to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drmsucks

drmsucks

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

"(even though there are like 10 in the area)"

Are you trying to connect to your own network or someone else's?

#3 imatechie

imatechie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

Windows can't find any wireless networks!
I have 3 computers all connected to a wireless network. 1 is mac and has no prob, so I know the network has no prob.

The other two, xp and vista, sometimes lose their connection after a while (but can always connect right after rebooting the comp though)

And i can't connect back on because it says it can't find any wireless networks (even though there are like 10 in the area)

is there a way to fix this?

Hi, first of all are you using XP's built in Zero Config utility to connect or are you using the card's own utility? I'd also borrow a different brand of Wi-Fi card and temp disable the other wireless connection (Start, network connections, right click the wireless connection and select disable). Plug in the wireless card and try to connect, if it works you narrowed the problem down to the other Wireless card, if the same thing happens then it is something else. Another thing you can try is to shut off all auto connections and make every network "On Demand."

Just some ideas to start,
Jeff
The only real problem that I have with being an I.T. Tech is that I can't use the excuse:
"Sorry, I don't do windows."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users