Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some suggestions on Virus software.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alexgtp

alexgtp

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:40 AM

I am the IT person at work. I am currently using Symantec as our antivirus software. Well guess what it blows~~ ALot of virus's dont get caught.. The ones that do norton is unable to do anything to them..

I ran Panda's active scan.. and I also ran Trend Micro's Houscall on line scanner.. Well to my dismay it caught numeruos virus'es on one of the PC's..

Now my question is. Which Antivirus system do you recommend as a client solution?

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,535 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:42 PM

Thats a tough question. A lot of people kapersky and other like Trend Micro.

I use AVG, becaues its free and im not using it commercially.

Maybe some other corporate IT users can give us their opinions.

#3 BasiXX

BasiXX

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

try Mks_vir 2004 http://www.stormbyte.com there you could download the free trial and see it will work out for you.

#4 alexgtp

alexgtp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

Thanks I will take a look at it. By the ad it sounds pretty impressive.. But does it work well.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users