Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Restore Vista To Fatory Default?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ragingnerd

ragingnerd

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

First off I don't know much about computers and know even less about Vista. Due to problems I need to restore my computer back to the factory default (the way I got it out of the box). I don't know if there's a technical name for it but we usually just call it "nuking" the computer. The problem is I don't how to do it on Vista, I've done it with my last computer when I had XP.
I've already tried hitting F10 at startup and it brings me to a menu with options like System Restore and Complete Restore but I'm not sure if I use one of them or if I'm at the wrong spot. The complete System Restore also tells me I need a disc and when I went to Microsoft's official site and read up on it, it said that the disc doesn't come with Vista Home Premium version which is the one I have.

Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

What is the make and model of the computer? Did it come with any recovery disks?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 aysebean

aysebean

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

if you want the computer to come with the programs that came from the manufacturer you would click complete restore. If you want to leave all the bloat ware out and just have vista then insert the disk and press f8 to tell it to boot to the cd if it doesnt do it then press f2 to get into bios and change the cd rom drive to first boot order. should boot right in and just follow prompts and you have JUST vista no games or extra baggage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users