First of all Hello!
This is my first post on this forum... and I am afraid that this is my last hope.
At first having found this site through google i thought of trying to get tools and figuring this out on my own but after reading a bit i think its waaaaay to complicated for me...
So here is the story so far:
Yesterday I got my computer infected... It was entirely my fault - I downloaded a file, it looked suspicious but after scanning it with AVG came up with nothing so i ran it...
I though of this a bit and I cannot put it in to a coherent paragraph so I will just put down as many facts as I can remember atm:
- AVG then picked up an I-Worm/Bagle, sent it to vault and then I deleted it. This happend once or twice more. I noticed a process hldrrr.exe running... i killed it and it seems like its gone now.
- I also downloaded (and paid for) Process Master which shows me a ?? process everytime i restart the computer.
- I went to AVG site and used their tools to try and get rid of this thing... the tools either did not find anything or keep crashing (probably being closed by the malware).
- I also Symantecs removal tools - same as above.
- Safe mode goes to blue screen
- A friend recomened trying HijackThis but once we copied it to my computer it wouldnt run - error says it is not a Win32 application. (my guess is its corrupted by the virus, or whatewver it is)
- I since downloaded the file again and scanned it with VirSCAN.org - all but 2 results came back ok. The two that were not are: ClamAV - said it is "PUA.Packed.Themida" and CP Secure - identified it asthe "Troj.Downloader.W32.Bagle.in"
- I checked on google and from the simptoms I get it seems like the PUA.Packed.Themida is more likely since I did everything i could to remove the I-Worm/Bagle
Please, please help.