Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings From Sunny Fl

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rknightmd

rknightmd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

Greetings everyone...
I found this site some time ago after reading "Rootkits For Dummies", but didn't register at that time. I am a retired medical doctor looking to embark upon a 2nd career as an IT person. I've been a computer user since 1989-90, but never had enough time to learn a lot of technical stuff. Since I had minimal college math, I fear I won't be able to learn enough about network administration, or info security (my favorite subject) to land an entry level job (yes, though I was a medical doctor for 25 years, I still need a job thanks to a nasty divorce resulting in bankruptcy). I never learned any programing unfortunately...

If anyone has any advice on how to go about getting a network admin trainee job, or better yet, an infosec trainee or "apprentice" job, I'd really appreciate hearing from you. If you all think I'm just kidding myself, maybe I should hear that too ;~(

I've really been enjoying immensely reading in various forums about other peoples computer and network problems, and the solutions offered by experienced forum members in a number of sites I hang out at. This has lead me to think I might like a career in the field. Heck, I spend 12-16 hours a day in front of my computer.....it would be very rewarding for me to be getting paid for the time.

Well, that's me. It would be nice hearing from anyone with advice on how I might find employment, or on what to read to better prepare myself for a job search. Every time I check out the Black Hat Conference website it pains me that even if I spent the money to go to the meeting and take even the entry level courses, I probably wouldn't understand what they were talking about.... :thumbsup:

Thanks for listening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

I'm all ears rknightmd :flowers: welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:

#3 rknightmd

rknightmd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the response weatherman :thumbsup: I was beginning to think I only imagined I posted here today :flowers:

#4 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

:thumbsup: no problem rknightmd :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users