Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Xp 2008

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smilincowgurl

smilincowgurl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:22 AM

I have been attacked by the virus "antivirus xp 2008" and can't get rid of it! I have downloaded the following programs but none have been able to remove it: spyware doctor, spyhunter, superantispyware, malwarebytes' and ad-aware 2007. I get the typical pop-ups saying I have viruses and need to download the "anitvirus xp 2008" program. My background is also a blue screen that says " you have a virus and need to download a program" I also get the horrible blue screen. I have also tried to manual remove it, but can't get it to work. When I do start-run-cmd i get the prompt C:/document and settings/owner. I can get it to c:/ but it won't find any of the .dll i need to delete. Please help with this problem...i am at a complete loss!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:40 AM

Welcome to bleeping computer cowgurl

Pardon me I was a 2 stepper long ago and far away

Spyhunter and adaware are pretty ineffective with these newer infections

Would you run MBAM, ATF cleaner and SAS in the exact order specified in this post

Make sure you update and install according to the directions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry839950
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users