Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Folder Pop Up ! BAD WORDS HERE :0(

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 modestobowler

modestobowler

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

all of the sudden the my computer folder keeps poppping up... Ill close it and itll pop right back up usually when im typing...very annoying...started doing this last nite...cant figure out y, but im goin bananas...its takin me a long time to even type this cause the folder keeps poppin up! any help!? please :thumbsup: thanks so much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 modestobowler

modestobowler
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:44 AM

PS- Have run adaware and antivirus checks... no luck... restart didnt help either... lame!

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:27 AM

Hello, modestobowler

Does it occur in Safe Mode?

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 spraycan

spraycan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

My Computer folder also popped up, too after the Desktop appeared.

I followed all the instructions for possible solutions in this and other forums, but I solved the problem myself!

Which is quite amazing since I am not a techy kind of person.

Here is what did it for me.

Click Start and navigate to Startup folder.

Beginning with the first one listed click (or double click on it).

If it brings up the program that is labled by the icon, that is not the culprit.

However, I found that there was one, supposedly a Corel icon, which was masquerading as and was really the "My Computer" program. I deleted it by right clicking and the problem was solved on reboot.

Hope this helps all of you who keep getting the "My Computer" folder on startup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users