Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where Can I Get Help On Visual Basic 2008 Express Eition?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Romik

Romik

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:55 PM

I got myself Visual Basic Express Edition and i made some programs already but i made them by coping from clips off of YouTube. So i want to make something by myself but i don't really know how to use it, the most important thing i want to learn about is all those differnt codes. So can anybody help me or give me a site where i could learn this stuff please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:32 AM

A search on your favorite search engine will give you thousands of possibilities. :thumbsup:

Incidentally, learning how to use the IDE has little to do with learning how to program. If you want to learn to program, there are plenty of sites for that too.

#3 Wolfy87

Wolfy87

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

i was in the exact same position as you about a month ago and i would reccomend deleting VB 2008 and downloading C# 2008. it is vertually the same codeing but more powerful and Groovicus confuses me alot aswell lol

Edited by Wolfy87, 22 August 2008 - 06:16 PM.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

i would reccomend deleting VB 2008 and downloading C# 2008

Ummm... VB 2008 is for developing applications using Visual Basic. And as far as I know, there is no such thing as C# 2008. There is an IDE called Visual C# 2008 Express, which of course is a completely different language than Visual Basic.

So I am a bit lost as to what advice you are offering here, and why someone learning Visual Basic should abandon it for another language?

#5 Wolfy87

Wolfy87

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

Yes i ment C# 2008 express edition, and i have used both and found very little difference in the language but it has a bit more to offer than VB

Edited by Wolfy87, 22 August 2008 - 06:21 PM.

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

but it has a bit more to offer than VB

For instance?

#7 Wolfy87

Wolfy87

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

Anyway if you want to learn VB then you do that and heres a website that could help you alot...
http//:vb-helper.com/
this is on my psp so i cant link it but still. Hope this helps.

#8 Wolfy87

Wolfy87

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:32 PM

For instance?
[/quote]
Uh...Good point, Once again i am out smarted -_-.

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

It isn't aquestion of being out-smarted. I am just trying to understand why you feel one language is better than another, and if you can not come up with a valid reason, then there is no point in offering advice in the first place. I asked the question because I thought perhaps you knew something that I did not, so it represented an opportunity for me to learn something.

#10 Wolfy87

Wolfy87

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

Ok then but i highly doubt i know more than you in the C# and VB languages. I gess you are right though, it just depends on what language you wish to use and they are all pritty much equel.

Edited by Wolfy87, 22 August 2008 - 06:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users