Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc-bsd Dell Latidue Mouse Pad Trouble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ellypho

Ellypho

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

Hello World!
I have recently installed a fresh copy of PC-BSD on an old Dell Latitude P2(pocessor) and my mouse pad does not work. Im not exactly sure where to go about a did a good 30 mins of google to no end. Im more familiar to the gnome desktop aswell so im kinda lost :S

Thank you in advance
-Lyph
CompTIA A+ certified

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 n.milum

n.milum

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

This could be a simple configuration problem. I haven't used a BSD in a few years, so all I can really give you is some guesses that you can google about. I believe that PC-BSD uses X.org for its X server.

I'm going to post the commands I would use in Linux, they should be similar for BSD.

First I would check to see if I had a mouse module loaded with `lsmod | less`
then I woul look to see if "psmouse" was loaded.
I would also check to see if "/dev/psaux" or "/dev/mouse" or "/dev/mice" exist.

Because it is a touchpad, I would look to see if the synaptics driver was installed, using whatever search functionality my package manager has. (Sorry, ports is a mystery to me.)

Once I had ensured that I had mouse and touchpad drivers installed, I would delve into my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to make sure everything in the Input Device sections and Server sections was correct.

This thread from the PC-BSD forum may have some helpful insights for you to try.
http://forums.pcbsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=23...p;sk=t&sd=a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users