Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Op Internet Explorer Keeps Closing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yelgab

yelgab

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

I have a new laptop with Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed
IE 7 keeps closing each time I try to change pages or click on a link.

I have gone into the IE tools>Internet options>advanced tools>reset.

This has helped to the point that IE doesn't actually shut down but states it is unable to display page. If I click on refresh the page usually reloads. But I need to figure out why IE keeps shutting down. I removed all the toolbars I had when I did the reset.

I need help to cure this problem. :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 iceman88

iceman88

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:32 AM

I have the same problem, Is Vista bug free now any updates that i need installed.
I looks pretty but what shall we do. Maybe should waited a little more longer for
an uprade to a Vista...
Thanks...

Edited by usasma, 23 June 2008 - 07:30 AM.
*** Removed commercial links

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:42 AM

What you describe is usually related to your internet connection itself and not IE. If you post the output of this command:
ipconfig /all
someone here should better be able to help you.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#4 yelgab

yelgab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

Where do I find the Run command line? Using the Command Prompt the information is there but I don't know how to copy and/or print from DOS. in
XP and earlier editions I could do no problem. But I am running Vista and never have found the run command line.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

Go to Start and type in "Run" (without the quotes).
Go to the top of the list and right click on the Run there and select "Run as Administrator"
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 yelgab

yelgab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

Attached File  opening_the_run_box.doc   288KB   28 downloadsOk- I guess I know a whole lot less than I thought I did.

I went of the 'globe' start and typed in 'run' without the quotes and a new box opened up named Run

then the box states: Type the name of a program, folder, documents or Internet resource and Windows will open it for you.

typing in Run as Administrator, or the ipconfig code gives me a message 'cannont find run'

I took a screen shot and saved it into a word document but am unable to paste it into this reply box.

What am I doing wrong??? I guess I need very basic instruction. I really am not computer illiterite. I have certification from Microsoft in Office Applications-but that is so different from what I am doing now. Office is easy. This is hard. Hey i just found the upload link and I think my screenshot uploaded!!!!!! YES!!!!! I hope it works for you. I can't get it to open.

Pat :huh:

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:42 AM

Type the name of a program, folder, documents or Internet resource and Windows will open it for you.

That is the Run dialog.

I suspect that you're looking for the Command Prompt window. To do this, go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter. That'll open up the Command Prompt window.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users