Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keep Losing Network Drives

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vagabond225

Vagabond225

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:31 PM

Hi,

To be honest i'm not sure what forum this should be in but thought i'd start here :thumbsup:

I have a laptop connected to a corporate network. It always logs on fine, then after anything between 1/2 hour and 3 hours it will lose network drives and will not even see the server.

If i reboot it doesn't make any different, but if i run netsh winsock reset catalogue and then reboot, it will be ok again for a while.

I have checked for virus using trend micro, have run spybot S & D and they found some spyware and cleaned them off, but the problem still persists. I also ran Highjackthis and am waiting for some feedback on results.

Has anyone got any ideas please as ive exhausted my limited knowledge.

Thanks

Ad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

Have you scanned in safemode with your antispyware and anti virus?

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

Hi Vagabond225,

Since you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, I'm going to close this Topic.

You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users