Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Is Acting Wierd O.o Afraid Its Being Rootkit'd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 O!NK

O!NK

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

hey, im fairly new to this, and lately my AVG found programs i created as trojan horse SHeur.BSCF's infected. I made them myself so I dont see how they can be infected. I think i might be connected to a RAT, but ive checked through netstat (which kept closing itself) so I sued RRC (rat recue center) and found a couple connections on it to foreign IP's (i closed my chat appz, utorrent and firefox before doing a scan), but it still seems as though something wierd is wrong with my pc, and I dont know what. I hope you can help me because I'm really freaked out.

Mod Edit: Topic moved from Windows Vista to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 22 June 2008 - 05:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

1:Why are you making trojans.
2:Bleepingcomputer helps with mainly security stuff.
3:What version are you using, AVG 7.5 or AVG 8.0
4:Have you tryed scanning in safemode?

#3 O!NK

O!NK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:07 PM

1:Why are you making trojans.
2:Bleepingcomputer helps with mainly security stuff.
3:What version are you using, AVG 7.5 or AVG 8.0
4:Have you tryed scanning in safemode?

I wasn't making trojans...idk how my programs...which have no relevance to viruses...etc. got infected
So this isn't security if I ask for help because I think my computer is infected and I need help getting rid of it? it helps my security...
AVG 8.0
How do I scan in safe mode? Like I would normally?

#4 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:13 PM

Ok ive missread. do go into SAFEMODE, restart your computer before windows xp loads. press F8 fw times then it will come up into a boot menu, there will be options like "start windows normaly" "Safemode with networking, and others, you will "Safemode" near enough at the top. use the upper and down keys to move and press enter when you're on safemode log on to admin or any other users that appear, but make sure there admin. Once you've loged in a warning will come up, dont worry about that, click yes when it appears. Then scan with avg and let us know the results.

#5 O!NK

O!NK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

ireally felt wierd and like i was being watched somehow, so i deleted AVG 8.0 after hearing it wasn't that great, and installed nod32 smartsecurity. duz the smart security include the antivirus part as well? cuz wen i installed both, it kept deleting the other. oh well. I'm running a scan which is taking decades but hopfully nod32 is good. i hear tho, its terrible with ad-aware and popups O.o comments? il post the results of virus scan soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users