Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Or No Connectivity No Matter What

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 akkaquill

akkaquill

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

i've been reading on messageboards all day and i can't figure out how to fix my limited or no connectivity problem. it's a wired connection through a dynex router and 3 of the 4 computers connected work fine. i've tried connecting mine through a different port which didn't solve the issue, and then connected a different computer with my ethernet cable and it worked fine. so my cable works and the router is functioning properly.

i've also tried renewing the ip by using the repair function and also through the command prompt. i've reset winsock settings via command prompt as well. i installed a new ethernet pci card and that didn't solve the problem either. anyone have any other ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Bombasos2

Bombasos2

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:31 PM

I would take a look at this article see if it helps.http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml
There was a post similar to this here:
Similar post

Let me know if this works for you.

Good luck!

#3 akkaquill

akkaquill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:44 AM

sorry for not responding right away, i fixed my internet soon after making this thread by formatting. it had never been formatted in the 3 years i've had the machine so i figured now was as a good a time as any. it fixed the problem up until two nights ago, then the same thing happened again. i system restored to 1 night prior the event and that fixed the problem until the next morning. the exact same thing happened on my dads machine as well on the same day and i fixed it the same way. then i realized the issue was the latest microsoft security update. removed that on both machines and now both can access the internet with no issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users