Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.vundo And Others

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 median

median

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

I'm running XP Pro SP2, 1GB RAM, AMD 3200 64 BIT, and have discovered trojan.vundo and, I believe, others. I have run trendmicro (in both modes) and it does not remove. I have run spybot, sysclean, HJT, malwarebytes, and kaspersky (in both modes) with no success. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Aaron

ps-The trojan(s) stop me from accessing google, yahoo, amazon, and other major sites and, of course, slow down my pc with popups intermittently. It/they, also restart my pc sometimes without notice. Anyone know who are writing these viruses? I would like to put them in the cage with Kimbo Slice.

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." Buddha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:55 PM

Run the fix given here.

Then follow it up with a full system scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users