Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:40 AM
Hi All ,
I thought I was regularly cleaning my system of junk .
It is revealing what I found on my C Drive through Jam Software's "Tree Size Professional" immediately after use of CCleaner and MRUBlaster:
1. about 20 MB of BMP files in C:\WINDOWS\TWAIN_32\4100\Temp\ .These ofcourse relate to my UMAX 4100 Scanner.
2. about 35 MB of files in C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\ .This includes about 33 MB of PAGE FILE.0 . This is the position after I had disabled SYSTEM RESTORE quite some time back and had tried unsuccessfully to delete the folder also.I do separately have a fixed 300 MB Page File in my root directory.
3. I find a large number of .Ink files on the DeskTop folder(each ranging in size from .1 to .5 KB).These appear to be the remnants of various short cuts that I may have been having at some time on my desktop.
5. Under D:\_RESTORE\TEMP\ I have one WIN386.0 file of 200 MB
6. one DAT file in the RESTORE folders in each of the other three drives that i have on my system . Each of these files is named SRDISKID and is of 1 byte size.
For locating temporary files the TreeSize program appear to be configured , by default , to search for files containing - TEMP* , *.TMP* , *~.* , *.??~ , *.OLD , FILE*.CHK , CHKDSK.CHK , *.$$$ , *.--- ; and I understand that I can safely remove most of the temp files but my questions are :
a) Can I safely remove the 35 MB page file in the restore folder as also the 200 MB WIN386.0 file on my D drive
b)are any special methods to be followed for their removal
c)what other types of files can be safely removed so that the program could be configured accordingly
Would request response as also additional inf,if possible.
Thanks in advance.
Whatever Life takes away from you, let it go.
When you surrender and let go of the past,
you allow yourself to live in the moment.