Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Site Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ronan2

ronan2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:45 PM

Having successfully created a website (using talktalk) for a local club some months ago I find that I can no longer get into it to add or make changes. When I enter ftp:// www.etc it asks for my username and password as usual. Then it says "website found, waiting for reply" Next however it states that Internet Explorer cannot display this site. When I want to look at the the website itself it comes up quite easily. I've tried System Restore but to no avail. This happened before and a simple solution someone gave me solved the problem. However now I forget who it was and what was the solution. Can you help?

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mckooter

mckooter

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:13 PM

download a real ftp client (a good free one is FileZilla) and try to connect using that, it will give you more info as to why the server is not accepting your connection. (there is a log)
You can just call me Chris

I found out I was Marilyn Monroe in a previous life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users