Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 gwalms

gwalms

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

i have a major pop up problem and computer is running slow. i have tried all basic fixes(defrag, disc cleanup, etc) i hope someone can take a look @ this log and guide me in the right direction

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hello, gwalms.
:thumbsup: to BleepingComputer.com

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:
  • In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
  • Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
  • Finally, please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
We need to create a Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) Log
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) from one of the links below and save to your Desktop.

Primary Mirror
Secondary Mirror

DSS will do the following:
  • Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
  • Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
  • Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.
  • Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer yes.
Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using Deckard's System Scanner.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it and follow the prompts.
  • If your anti-virus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not malicious.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad:
    • main.txt <-- Will be maximized
    • extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
  • If not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder.
  • Please copy (<Control>+C) and paste (<Control>+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
Note: When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that DSS is trying to access the Internet; especially if you are asked to download the most current version of HijackThis. Please ensure that DSS is given permission to access the internet.
Note: If you get a warning from your anti-virus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful.

Please paste your logs in the topic in the future rather than attaching them. It makes things much easier to read :thumbup2:

In your next reply, please include the following:
  • DSS's Main.txt
  • DSS's Extra.txt

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

Hello, gwalms.
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me or another moderator a PM.

Everyone else please begin a new topic.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users