Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Monitor Activities ...help Please ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Velio

Velio

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:53 AM

I have an AOC monitor that does the following when it heats up to a point .
When it is cold and just turned on the picture even exceeds out of the monitor's boundries with 2 or 3 milimeters ,BUT when it heats up ,the picture starts to get 5 or 6 milimeters in to the screen and between the picture and the edge of the screen there is a black line of pixels that are not in use .Its as if the monitor gets shorter in a vertical aspect every time it heats up .
Another strange thing about it is that always when it turns off ,it starts to make a strange fissing noise as if watter is flowing in it o.o .
When its turned on in 85Hz its harder to make the lines straight no matter what controls i use .
Even in lower level i.e..75Hz its still not fully straight . The horizontal line on the top is a bit bended. Its not much ...only 2 or 3 milimeters ,but it stays this way all the time .
The monitor is flat ,so the lines should be straight . I have spend alot of time calibrating it ,but there is no use . The lines are always not fully flat with difrence in 2 or 5 milimeters at best .
Can this meen that this machine is finaly giving up ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:43 PM

It sounds like it's about to die on you. Is this a flat panel or an old CRT? Can you try another monitor on your computer to make sure it's not the video card?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Velio

Velio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:32 PM

Yeah its CRT. The strange thing is that the colours are absolutely PERFECT . The contrast and everything is ok . Its just the lines >.< .
I dont have another monitor which is flat here . I suddenly decided to upgrade it and will put a new video ,becouse i need a more powerfull one enyway and when i visit my friend, i might try it on his monitor .

Could this actualy be from the video card o.o ?

Best wishes :thumbsup:

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

Before you purchase another graphics card, see if you can borrow another monitor to determine if the monitor is the problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users