Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

killbox.zip file needed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lcarter55

lcarter55

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:02 AM

i am infected with the haxdoor virus. i was directed to download cleanup.exe and the killbox.zip and run them to delete the files. i also downloaded the latest version and defs for norton and ran it. help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:21 AM

Ok, has Norton said anything about the virus has it tried to "clean" or "remove' the virus?

Also assuming your running XP, I would first download, install and update: A-Sqaured and run a FULL SYSTEM SCAN.

Also download HiJackThis and copy to a folder ( C:\HJT\ ) and run it from there, run a scan, and post your results here. whatever you do do NOT try to fix anything with it yet

Following steps found at: http://www.bullguard.com/forum/8/Haxdoor-virus_11895.html

-------------------------------------------------------
Download Ad-AwareSE

Download SpyBot

Download ScanSpyware
(Serial: goto the site where I got this from: http://www.bullguard.com/forum/8/Haxdoor-virus_11895.html )

Download Mwav

Download SysClean (sysclean.com file)
Download pattern file
(unpack and copy with sysclean.com to the same folder)

Download TDS-3
Download TDS-3 update
(just re-copy radius.td3 file to the folder TDS-3)

Download latest Stinger version

Download CCleaner

Download Dr.Delete
www.docsdownloads.com/Tier1/dr-delete.htm

install and check for updates....
-------------------------------------------------------

Edited by yanowhiz, 08 April 2005 - 09:22 AM.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:05 PM

Do not post your HijackThis log here.

The correct forum for posting HJT logs is:
HijackThis Logs and Analysis

Who directed you to download cleanup.exe and the killbox.zip and run them to delete the files?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 lcarter55

lcarter55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:47 PM

i was directed by tech support forum under "trojan problem (vdmt16.sys)" to follow those directions i gave in the previous posting. this problem keeps me from connecting to the internet, so everything has to be done at my office and then burned and carried to the retail location with the problem. norton did find and clean the haxdoor trojan but i still get a reboot and a blue screen with "vdmt16.sys" detected. about 10 to 20 reboots per day, not good for a retail business.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

Try this:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

or
Index of /~merijn/files

KillBox.zip 22-May-2004 11:36 46k

http://spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/

Edited by Enthusiast, 08 April 2005 - 06:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users