Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Suggestion On Zonealarm Security Suite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imjscn

imjscn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

I've been using ZoneAlarm Security Suit for more than 2 years. It has antivirus/antispyware/firewall all in one, so I think it might use CPU as less as possible. Am I right?

Beside ZoneAlarm Suit, any other thing I need to install to gain more safety without conflicting with ZA, and more importantly without use too much CPU?

I have read the pinned posts on the softwares, difficult to figure out a solution for myself. After all, ZA is what I have, and I have a 5 year old computer. It would be excellent if ZA is enough, but I guess not. Anything else should I choose?

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:07 AM

Hard to really answer the question - what's enough - it's really subjective and dependent upon the individual's computing habits. If you have used Zone Alarm Security suite for years and been satisfied - no heavy CPU resource hogging, no inordinate number of infections - then I say why rock the boat - "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Do you keep it updated and scan for malware periodically? If your system is stable and infection free - congratulations - from time to time you could periodically use an online scanner or add something like SUPERantispyware (it's free and does not conflict with zone alarm security suite) to your computer and use it as an on-demand scanner.

In my opinion, your best protection is a good firewall, good anti-virus, and good antispyware protection which you have in the zone alarm security suite. Your best defense is your own computing habits. If you begin to notice something not quite right then that's the time to do an online scan, or download an on-demand scanner. With a computer five years old you can get more life out of it by keeping it running lean and mean and by that I mean keep your startup list small and keep the processes running to a minimum.

#3 imjscn

imjscn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:11 AM

Hi tork, thanks for your valuable opinion! I'm glad that I can stay with ZA, without other stuffs.
you caught me....I have bad computing habits :thumbsup:
I will regulate my habits instead of adding protection.

Thanks a lot!

#4 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:28 AM

Hi imjscn,

You're welcome and safe surfing

tork :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic