Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Should I Do About This Thing ....: ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Velio

Velio

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:58 PM

My antivirus just found this :nnrun.exe .. .
Its full location is :C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CDERMTUP\upgrade[1].cab »CAB »upgrade.exe »NSIS »nnrun.exe - Win32/BlinkSearch application.

all started like this :
It showed me a dialog after i was atacked by a virus and when it asked me to delete it or not ,i imedietely pushed on the terminate button ,but then my computer crashed o.o . The virus alert came when i was downloading a file from the net just before i push the * save as * button and the antivirus stopped me . But why did it crash when i tried to terminate it ..????And it didnt even start to download the file ,becouse i never pushed the save as * button .
Enyway ..I restarted the machine and turned on the in depth scan and..whooo . It showed me this thing :C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CDERMTUP\upgrade[1].cab »CAB »upgrade.exe »NSIS »nnrun.exe - Win32/BlinkSearch application. It said that it is a thread but it did not give me to delete it .
When i cheked in the net about the aplication nnrun.exe ,i found out that it is a dangerous programme o.o .
So how should i delete it ? . Will this harm my comp ?
It also showed me this :File C:\WINDOWS\Temp\NN_57.tmp\upgrade.exe is infected with application Win32/BlinkSearch. The file can be deleted. It is strongly recommended that you back up any crucial data before you proceed.
What should i do with that file o.o?

Best wishes ^^

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

Try cleaning your Temp and temp internet files with Ccleaner and run your scan again.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

The download is to the right, click on the green arrow. It is pretty easy to run this you just click "Analyze "and wait for it to finish, it will show you the files to be cleaned an then click "Clean", it will also clean your recycled bin, saved passwords and browsers. You can deselect anything you don't want it to clean to the left of the program. Be sure to clean your Cookies,Temp files and Temporary Internet files at least.

#3 Velio

Velio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

I did what you said ,but that thing is still there O__O

#4 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members